The Terrot Motorcycle Manufacturer, which was based out of France, began producing motorcycles, after merging with the Magnot-Debon Company back in the 1920s. Its manufacturing facilities were located in Dijon, France, the Terrot Motorcycle Company produced a huge amount of motorcycles throughout the 20s and 30s that featured 350 cc JAP engines, along with a two speed gearbox.
It was 1925 when their first motorcycle was introduced to the motorcycling industry at the Paris Salon. This first motorcycle only came in two versions, with the first version being a sport model, and the second being a Tourist model.
Later on in the following year, the Terrot Motorcycle Company improved the design of the engine, as well as the front suspension. This company also helped produce and design a 174 cc Blackburne racing bike.
After the Second World War, the Terrot Motorcycle Company began to produce a various range of 500 cc engines that featured overhead valves. Towards the middle of the 1950s, however, the company produced a couple of models of scooters that were available only to the French market.
The end of the Terrot motorcycle company would be after the company was bought out by the Peugeot Motor Corporation towards the end of the 1950s.
Original Authors: Nicholas
Edit Update Authors: M.A.Harris
Updated On: 06/06/2008